Monday, June 11, 2007

Mattie at 5 Months

Well, I don't know how it happened but we have a 5-month old. It feels like we just had her. Of course that was 25 pounds ago for me and 7 1/2 pounds for Mattie so I guess it's been longer than I think. She's growing like crazy. We started her on rice cereal this weekend. We were prepared for the worst but actually she didn't mind it. She ate a lot more than I thought she would and didn't have much on her. I'll brag now because I know that is going to change. I think the antibiotic she took over the last couple weeks got her ready for food. She had to drink a ton of it (so it seemed) and we gave it to her through a syringe. Maybe the practice she had drinking that helped her accept the spoon easier. Don't know, don't care. It was successful and that's all that matters.

I'm working on getting the video of the first feeding (as well as some others we've taken) online so you can see. Here's a snapshot of last night's feeding.

Hopefully with the technology we have these days, we can all stay connected. It is amazing. If you want to see more pictures of Mattie at 5 months, go to our online web albums.

1 comment:

Sue McCrary said...

The pictures are GREAT !!!

It hardly seems like Mattie could already be 5 months old.

The afgan is about halfway finished. I hope it will be big enough for Mattie when it is done.

Give Mattie hugs and kisses for me.

Love
Aunt Sue